Some people are happy with a room full of neutrals. Others want their home to make a statement. Whether you are diving into a remodel or want to freshen up your living space with a new coat of paint, you may want to look into the trending paint colours that today’s designers are recommending most.
- Blissful Blue – Sold at Lowes and other retailers, this intense grey-blue is perfect for dreamy bedrooms, pairing well with a variety of accessory colours in pinks, yellows, whites or dusty lavenders to cheer you when you wake up in the morning.
- Green Smoke – Made by Farrow and Bell, this dusty green has a nice gray amount, which makes it subdued, yet dramatic. It’s a deep, rich, but soft green colour that makes a good choice for powder rooms, libraries and dens, or anywhere you want a chic and sophisticated look.
- Chantilly Lace – A Benjamin Moore shade is a cool, crisp off-white that opens up a room and makes it feel airy and clean. It pairs beautifully with Simply White trim colour for a nice warm-cool contrast in your living room or den.
- Classic Grey – Available from various paint manufacturers, classic grey is still a top designer pick that brings soft warmth to a room and does not distract from artwork or any bright furniture colours. It is a nice backdrop for any room, from your kitchen to your bedroom or even throughout the house.
- Compatible Cream – By Sherwin Williams, this creamy yellow is very flexible, not too sunny, but bright enough to work well for the kitchen and/or dining room. It’s warm, inviting and plays well when coordinating colours in adjoining rooms.
- Dusty Lavender – From Valspar comes to this cheerful and feminine shade perfect for teen or master bedrooms. Paired with white trim, it’s a sassy, almost can’t-miss choice when you want a more sophisticated look than pink.
- Aegean Teal – A deep rich teal from Benjamin Moore, this colour is reminiscent of the shimmering waters of Ibiza on a warm, sunny day. It’s a bold choice synonymous with serenity, perfect for the right bedroom or office.